do u sometimes judge people by their looks ?

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I agree with Scuba. My grandparents were poor but they were always washed and their home with nothing in it, was always spotless.
    Anonymous

• Yes, when you walk around with a Charles Manson T'shirt, or wear really slutty clothes, yes I do. If image didn't matter, then I'd be out of business. I'm not talking about fat, skinny, or old, I'm talking about people who look like they don't care for themselves.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:18 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• No. I've looked MUCH different than other females and I hated being judged. I wouldn't do it to anyone. One should never judge a book by its cover.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 9:20 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I do, I think that everyone does, weather they admit it or not.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 9:15 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I had to think about this! I really want to say no to this but unfortunately I do judge by appearance, not much, but a little:(
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 9:16 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I have to admit I sometimes do but I always give them a chance and talk to them and get to know them before I do a full judgment.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:16 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Not necessarily their looks (pretty or ugly, skinny or heavy), but sometimes by the way they take care of themselves. I have to wonder when I see people at the store with greasy hair, dirty fingernails, pajamas on - it just doesn't take that much effort to make yourself presentable.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:16 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I would love to be the noble one and say NO I've NEVER and would NEVER do such a thing but the fact is that I've caught myself assuming someone is snobby simply because they appear wealthy or poor because they're unkempt, etc. I really TRY to not and don't allow the presented image keep me from talking to someone, etc but it does happen. I think when it's happened most often for me of late is when I take one of my foster kids to court - it seems you can usually judge by mannerism or appearance who is the family, who is the foster family and who are the social workers, etc.
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 9:17 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Depends if I see a spandex wearing not so skinny person I may be preempted to snicker, but I try not to because we are all beautiful in our own way.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 9:19 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I do judge by what they wear and how they wear their hair. Not by their actual biological looks. It is in how poeple choose to dress themselves. It gives away your personality...at least my clothing choices show my personality.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:20 PM on Jan. 24, 2011