Can someone recommend a good prepaid , no contract cell phone with good service and where roaming isn't an issue?

cell phone, pre paid, reccommend, roaming

mommyofone740

Asked by mommyofone740 at 9:16 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Technology

• Boost mobile
    cricket
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:17 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Boost is the best prepaid network around, there is also a new plan from Verizon that I've heard good things about. I'd stay away from Tracfone, they are usually more expensive and have lots of "hidden" costs.
    (I used to sell prepaid to convenience store chains)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:19 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• T-mobile has a flexpa plan that has no contracts, no roaming and is reasonably priced. You can purchase the phones and cards at Walmart and Target too.
    Hotmama_5

Answer by Hotmama_5 at 9:22 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Straight Talk has been a good one for me. It works off of Verizons towers and I always have service no matter where I go (unless it's way out there where they have to pipe in sunlight lol)
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 9:25 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i have prepay thru us cellular and love it. boost worked for a while and due to horrible customer service (including the airhead at the desk deleting all my contacts and even better, all my photos of my daughter's birth!) i dumped them. straight talk has issues w putting the money on the phone and then it not showing up as having been added, but has good reception. the us cellular one is 70 a month talk text n internet, all the people speak english when you call, and i have great reception.
    shilohsmama425

Answer by shilohsmama425 at 9:30 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I have a tracfone and like it. I get double minutes every time I buy a card. I don't have any hidden costs. I've had it for about 4 yrs and like it.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:31 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Consumer Cellular
    cat4458

Answer by cat4458 at 1:10 PM on Jan. 25, 2011