How did your body change after birth?

I am pregnant with my 1st and am just wondering how everyone's body changed after giving birth. I've always had very small hips (almost non-existent) and am hoping they get wider after I give birth. What's happened to other mom's out there? How has your body changed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I widened! Not that I wanted it to happen, I even lost all my baby weight, the hips stayed! My boobs sag now too! But it was all worth it, and we are trying again...Go figure!
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 5:10 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• My hips widened and my breast grew. Frankly I went from a "little girl" body to a "woman body". I love it!
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 6:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• you'll at least keep the hips for a while.. i got prego at 5'5" 95 lbs with my first. i had some curves after (kinda liked em).. now popping my second one out in a few days, so i'm curious to see what i'll get now.
    My breasts did change a bit with my first i was a B, then after i had her it went to a D, then slowly went back down to not even a B.
    With my second i was almost a B and immediately grew to at least a C before 5 months prego. Now i'm to a D already and haven't even had him so im' expecting to get up to a DD.
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 8:20 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• you will get some hips...i was 5'2 and about 110 lbs when i got pregnant and left the hospital weighing about 125 lbs...i was back down to 110 in a month, but still wore a size bigger in jeans because i actually had hips...and you'll get really nice boobs for a while after the baby is born...but then they deflate and though mine are about the same size as before, they're not nearly as perky and have stretch marks from going from a B to a DD in the span of about 2 months!...but if you gain a lot of weight, even if its just "baby weight" dont ever expect to have a flat stomach again....i got back down to 110, but my tummy has never been quite the same...and if you put weight on later it doesnt look nearly as nice on you as it did before all the stretch marks
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 9:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I went up a full jean size simply because of my hips! I lost all of my baby weight...but once those puppies get widened they don't go back :) And it is oh so true what the above poster said about your tummy. I never exactly had a six pack, (5'4" and about 110)...but I had a very nice flat tummy. It's "flat" now, but I still have some extra skin that makes it look like I carry more weight in my stomach than I am. Goodluck...and yes, when you look in the mirror and see the changes, it will all be worth it.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 4:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2008