Any coping ideas

My daughter is 3 and shes going into surgery next week on the 21st to finish getting the rest of her birthmark removed and I'm scared out of my mind. She's had surgeries since she was 13 months old and this isn't the last one. I don't know how to cope. I'm breaking down already and everytime I see her I'm scared that it's going to be the last time. The doctors said it's not a dangerous surgery but anything under anesthesia is concerning. She's done really good in the past but I'm still so scared. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can cope a little bit better?! Please help.

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 3:42 AM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Health

• Just try to stay positive is the best advice I have. Also while she's in surgery keep yourself occupied so you don't stress so much over it. If you have someone you can take with you to talk to, that would probably help more than anything. Whatever you do, don't let her see that you are worried over it, or she will be worried too. My husband fell through a glass window and cut his arm really bad and had to have surgery to repair tendons and nerves and he came out just fine. Good luck and I hope everything goes perfect : ) I know surgery is scary, but just try to stay positive and keep your mind off of it.
    mandystenger

Answer by mandystenger at 4:15 AM on Nov. 14, 2008