Are you a go with the flo mama, or a creature of rutine? (Is that how you sp it? lol)

Do you have a set schedule that you stick to, unless it can't be avoided? Set breakfast, lunch, dinner, homework, bath rutine? Or do you just let things happen as they will, deciding they get enough structure in school, so why not give them a little space to do as they please (w/in reason) at home? How does it work for you?

HappyEndings

Asked by HappyEndings at 9:31 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have things I do everyday - but I really don't have a schedule. It makes me a lot less stressed!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:36 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I go with the flow

Answer by rkoloms at 9:43 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I used to be kinda go with the flo. We'd eat dinner "around" a certain time, and I'd try to get the kids to bed around a certain time.Other than that, nothing much was planned out. Now I'm trying to, and pretty much have started at least, getting my 6 mo on a schedule. I'm kinda hoping that maybe she'll turn out a little more responsible and organized than the other 3 that I had the "go w/ the flo' attitude w/.
    HappyEndings

Comment by HappyEndings (original poster) at 9:43 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I've had a pretty set schedule with all 5 of my kids. Now with everyone going different ways doing different things, it's even more important for us to do the same things at the same times!

Answer by missanc at 9:44 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Go with the flow.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:48 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I go w/ the flow :)
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 10:11 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I go by the flow... and with teens these days, I am glad that I do go with the flow!
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I go with the flow. At least for me this makes life easier.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 2:49 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• We stick to a routine to a certain extent. We have little ones and they thrive on it. My 4 yr old knows after dinner is bath, and if we change it up, he flips out. In the summer however, all bets are off. Days are longer and we have a pool, they love to be outside, so as long as they are in bed by say 9 or so it's all good.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:18 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• We go with the flow. I tried the routine thing and DD really rejected it. Just doesn't work for us! I will probably try a little bit harder when she is old enough for school though.
    BansheeQueen

Answer by BansheeQueen at 5:00 PM on Jan. 25, 2011