What would you tell you daughter (16) to do if she was asked to be an escort for homecoming when she already told a good friend she would go with him?

The homecoming court gentleman who has asked her to be his escort is a Senior and a cousin to my daughter's step-sister. Supposedly his good friend has decided to not be his escort or something! My daughter's current date is a good friend/classmate and that is it. She said that she would rather go with the senior. She also said that she feel bad for the senior. He is quiet and doesn't really talk to anyone but I think he is a decent guy. Just looking for objective opinions here...

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• That really says a lot about your daughter, marchar, I bet you're very proud of her! I hope she has a great time.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:43 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I would try to tell her she needs to stick with ehr friend and ditching him may cost her his friendship.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• She needs to stand by her word and go with the guy she already said she would go with.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:35 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• She needs to keep her word and go with the friend she already said she would go with.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:37 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Feeling bad for the senior is not a good reason to go on a special date. This could be complicated and some people the wrong message.
    Linda702

Answer by Linda702 at 9:40 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i would still go with her friend because i know that if it were me, i wouldnt want to think i had homecoming all good to go and then find out my date decided to go with someone else and now its too late to get a different date, you know?
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 9:44 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Those were my immediate thoughts also.
    marchar2002

Comment by marchar2002 (original poster) at 9:37 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• She surfaced from her room and said that she was keeping her date with her friend. And yes, Linda, I agree completely. I just stated to my her and my step-daughter's dad that my step-daughter really needs to leave her alone about this and quit being more concerned about her cousin than her sister.
    marchar2002

Comment by marchar2002 (original poster) at 9:42 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I meant to say "stated to my daughter and my step-daughter's dad"

Sorry about the typo.
    marchar2002

Comment by marchar2002 (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Jan. 24, 2011