My 13 month old is going to have a 48 hour EEG done on Monday-has anyone had there child go through one? How did they do? Thanks :)

Armywifey8

Asked by Armywifey8 at 9:37 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Kids' Health

• My youngest just had the regular type.

Hugs!! and a bump.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:40 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• we did one a few months ago, but my DS was 7 yo. are you having it done at a childrens hospital? have you had to do an EEG before? they do the whole glue everything to the head and wrap it up things. and then you watch tv for the next 2 days! if am sure you guys will do fine, take lots of activies, for the both of you and don't be afraid to ask the nurses if you need anything! i was a little uncomfortable asking someone to sit with my kid while i peed, so i held it for the longest time! turns out, that is part of what they are there for! good luck!
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 9:40 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• They are actually coming to the house and having him go about his normal activities for 2 days.
    Armywifey8

Comment by Armywifey8 (original poster) at 9:49 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My son had one done many years ago . Things are done a lot different now and I'm sure things will be fine. My son slept throughbow down his. One of my nephews had one done also and my niece said it wasn't bad.

Linda702

Answer by Linda702 at 9:51 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• @OP~ that is great that they are coming to your house! should be a breeze that way!
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 10:01 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• How did your son do with the contraption thing on his head? My DS does not like anything touching his head so I am curious to see how it will work.
    Armywifey8

Comment by Armywifey8 (original poster) at 10:05 PM on Jan. 24, 2011