lmp=5 weeks ago! adult content

So today it has been 5 weeks since I had my last period! Im pretty sure though that I ovulated 3 days ago or so... And my pregnancy test as of yesterday was negative......... When should i actually test again? LMP was December 20-25... and I ovulated on or around January 18th... We did the deed all last week just to increase our chances!

Saralanden

Asked by Saralanden at 9:49 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• If you think you ovulated 3 days ago then you should not take a pregnancy test until AT LEAST 14 or 15 DPO.

I would HIGHLY recommend that you learn to chart so you know EXACTLY when you ovulate!
    Anonymous

• You need to wait at least 12 days from ovulation before you test. HCG is made by the placenta. Allow a week for the egg to travel the tubes to the uterus and another week for implantation and placental development to occur. May take even another week to build up enough hcg in your body to register on a test.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:48 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I agree with the girls' response above. It is hard to wait but if you believe that you just ovulated a few days ago then it is too early to be taking a HPT at this point.
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 2:20 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Buy a specific brand that allows you to test earlier!

First Response brand tests (depends on which box, always read the box!) have tests that can read as early as 6 days after your missed period.
    ChelseATX

Answer by ChelseATX at 6:02 PM on Jan. 30, 2011