i feel like a terrible parent - green snot

my 24 day old has been sick due to how dry it is in my house. i have had a humidifier next to the baby but it isn't clearing up the issue up.. two days ago the green when from yellow to green - it was the weekend and because i have a dr appointment tomorrow i thought it would be best to wait til then (from saturday).

am I bad? this dry weather has taken a toll on all of us and i've told my dr twice about symptoms getting gradually worse. my dr. told me because I am breast feeding he is not worried. breast milk will have the antibodies to cure what is going on.

will it cure this though?

MoMoFu

Asked by MoMoFu at 9:51 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Health

• My doc. generally says that if they are not eating at all, or have a fever that doesn't come down pretty quickly w/ baby tylenol, to get her in immediatly. 24 Days is a bit young, but if she seems to be ok, other than the color of her snot and you already have an oppt. I'd wait until the appt. I'm not a doc. though, and in the end, it's up to you and how you feel about the sit. If you're truly worried then take her in.
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 9:58 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• no fever at all. thats why i haven't taken him in. if there was anything with the green snot i would have rushed him to urgent care or the ER depending on what was open.

thank you for your input happyendings! appitite is good and no other symptoms of being sick other then snot and as of yesterday a cough. :|
    MoMoFu

Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 10:15 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Doc's usually know their stuff. Listen to your doc and keep doing what you are doing.
    mrskrisher

Answer by mrskrisher at 1:05 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• As long as they are still drinking and not super fussy, keep doing what you're doing. A lot of respiratory funk is viral and all you can do is supportive care anyhow. If she has a hard time sleeping due to cough, you may need to hold her upright b/c of all the drainage. If her eye/soft spot start to look sunken or she gets depressed, go to the DR ASAP b/c then she is very dehydrated.

I hope she gets better soon for you!
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 7:57 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• JZ10FPM it was viral.. nothing to be done... it's so sad to hear him cough and choke but there is nothing to be done right now... dr says he's gained over a pound in two weeks and he looks good so just keep on keepin' on i suppose..
    MoMoFu

Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 8:20 PM on Jan. 26, 2011