So the patch (birth control) Ugh didn't work for me : (...Help me find something that will? Plzzzz

So i haven't been on birth control for months maybe a yr. I finally get back on bc and i decided to do the patch orthra evra or whatever it's called lol. And once again im horribly nauseous ugh! I don't win i was on depo got off of that because of the same reason. So i took the patch off today because i can't stand this anymore i been on it for a week and cant stand to be this nause anymore!!! So if your on bc what are you on and does it work for you? Tell me everything!! I'm going to call planned parenthood tomarrow to talk to them about another bc but i wanted to talk to u ladies first ; ) .... Bye Jessica

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Health

• try the paragaurd i.u.d .it can be left in place for up to 10 yrs. it can be removed at anytime. it is hormone free, so you wont feel sick . it only takes a minute to put in (by your gyno). & the only think i could warn u of is heavy periods, with stronger cramps. i recently got it removed though. im b.c free right now
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 10:05 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• ya idk i dont want anything shoved up there......
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:09 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I LOVED the patch, but was told that they took it off the market. The pill made me lose hair, have horrible headaches, tummy aches, mood swings, weight gain. (I felt like I was pregnant) lol. The last thing I used before switching to the over the counter films (which I got preggers on the last time) was the ring. I didnt' like it personally, but I've heard some women love it. You put it in once a mo. (I think). Sorry its been awhile. But I found that mine kept coming out, and sometimes it would hurt, or be uncomfortable during sex. Have you tried an IUD? I've never tried one but I've heard good things about them. So glad that I don't have to worry about any of that anymore. (Had a hysterectomy w/ my last) I wish you the best of luck!! I know that it can be frustrating trying to find the right form of bc!!
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 10:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• It most deffantly is frustrating! I thought the patch would work because alot of woman dont have any side effects on it! And of course i did! : (
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:14 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I love my Mirena IUD! I am on my second one...going on 7 years with it in.I haven't had a period in years. The patch didn't work for me either, the implants made me gain weight, I couldn't remember to take the pill, and I am terrified of needles.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:18 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• well if you have your mans dick shoved up there why would a IUD make a difference?
    Penis causes pregnancies. IUDs help prevent them. You dont feel them at all.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:22 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• WELL im not having sex at the moment so it doesnt even matter to have bc right now.... But im just n case kind of person. Idk what im going to do.... Oh well condoms for now...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:31 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• iud's are worry free, pain free, & if youre worried about bc with hormones (side effects) then there are 2 choices in iuds..the mirena, or the paragaurd. one is hormone free....there are really no other magic answers. most bcs have hormones in them. paragurd dosent. condoms break. when i used only condoms, i had to get a couple plan b pills!!
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 10:39 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Well the Patch doesnt work if you're overweight..and I will NOT go anywhere near the Depo Shot..everyone I've known who has had it had absolutely horrible side effects..

I personally like an IUD..its worry free..it gets stuck in with some slight discomfort/pain..but I dont have to worry about it for 5 years and its 98.9% effective or something..

Theres also the Nuva Ring..but i'd worry about that coming out..and Condoms break..and You can forget the pill and may not take it right..lol

So theres ur choices..and talk to ur OB about what is best for you! GL
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 11:06 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I did the nuva ring! Loved it!! Now I am done having children so I had the Essure Procedure which was extremely simple :)
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 5:48 AM on Jan. 25, 2011