pain in my belly

i am 35 weeks and have been feeling pretty good. but few days ago,i started having that pain kind of in the middle of my belly,closer to the left side,where her head is,down there,only when i start doing smth around the house. i don't put too much pressure on myself,trying to rest a lot,but it's hard to explain my pain. everything goes well and suddenly starts hurting and no matter what position i take,doesn't go away. if i describe it,it's kind of like somebody takes a knife and pulls my skin from inside out, and i do feel a lot of pressure at that time and can't help it. i just want to take her out,when that starts.
what could that be??? i had my app last week and did not have that feeling. at the ultrasound everything looked perfect,she is in the right position for delivery.

crouse3

Asked by crouse3 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I can't remember the term that my dr used but this sound like what I had at about the same. The pain hit suddenly and actually sent me to the ground in the middle of the grocery store parking lot. There is a nerve that the baby presses on that that causes this. When the baby shifts position it should go away, I went through this for about 2 weeks. If you are concerned, ask your DR. THat is what they are ther efor.
    aikenchic

Answer by aikenchic at 11:35 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I had the same kind of pain with my now 3 year old DD> My thought on this: I think it was the baby pressing on a nerve. It is a completly different kind of pain than a Braxton-Hicks or anything. Nerve pain feels like a stabbing and pull like you said and very uncomfortable. I got myself to my OB and my baby was fine just like you and your baby wereat your last appt.. It just hurt and they said she was pushing on nerves. My first born was was breech and I had terrible back and sciatic nerve pain from his position also :(. Did you describe it like this to your OB in this detail? If it continues, I would call them, don't hesitate if anything feels weird to ask them to be checked out. I wish you the best of luck in getting an answer and a beautiful healthy baby and Mom!
    funnymommy71

Answer by funnymommy71 at 10:24 PM on Jan. 24, 2011