Have you ever gotten so cold you ached? What did you do to warm up??

Today I was out in snow in my dress shoes do to an automobile situation. My feet were freezing by the time I got home so bad that they hurt. I immediately changed and put on slippers and sat under a blanket until I warmed up.

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 10:07 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Health

• Drink hot tea and put on my Pjs w/socks.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:13 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• When I get cold to the bone I turn my mattress cover on high, crawl in and thaw out.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:08 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• bathtub time.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:09 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• YES!! I took a hot shower. Warms you up instantly. Wait about 15 minutes if coming in from outside to take the chill out and then shower or bath. Then I jump under my comfy blanket.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:09 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Im a letter carrier and boy do I know about getting chilled to the bone! Its horrible being out in a storm for hours on end and being totally soaked. It gives me the momentum to get done that much faster so I can get home and changed and warm
    Anonymous

• Hot shower or bath.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 10:23 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My electric blanket!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:37 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Hon, I winter time even with knot snowing just cold. My hubby says I have warm heart & hands but AC feet. LOL Mine bad circulation. So, I go into bathroom run some warm/hot water in tub just enough for my feet. I put feet in it until warm gets cool. Then sometimes add more hot.

What is does is adds heat to your feet and pushes the cold out of your feet. Heat in cold out type thing. Then dry them off and put socks on then slippers. They stay warm and comfy from then on. Works great. I know rest of your bodies cold but start with the feet first. then you warm up quicker. The heat goes through your blood stream quicker standing in warm/hot water then trying to water up with blankets and heating pads. Try it and see.
    smallhands

Answer by smallhands at 11:17 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I actually have a medical problem where I get too cool too fast. So, just getting frozen food out of the freezer will send sharp shooting pains up my arms and I won't be able to open my hands much. I have to put my hands under hot water to stop the pain. Even my doctor said that it's a good thing that I live in the south.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 1:38 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• When I get that cold, I add 2-3 extra blankets to my bed and microwave my heat pack. It has a mud polymer that stays warm for hours, and once it's hot I tuck that where I'll lie down. Then I take a hot shower, not getting my hair wet. I put on my warmest pajamas and socks, then jump into the bed where the heat pack is and curl up with that against my stomach and the covers up to my chin.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:07 PM on Jan. 25, 2011