What would you say to your friend...

My friend has a 11 month old baby named Jordan ... i think it is a cute name and helped her pick it out - she wanted a "normal name " and that matched with her son Jacob.

Well we have another friend who is having a baby ( she has 2 sons who also have J names) and I asked her ona facebook status if she has any names picked out and she said she wanted something that not everyone has and that he like Jonah and her husband likes Jordan but she doesnt... I replied back that I like Jonah and that " yeah Jordan is common " ... that is all I put ...

So now my friend ( whos son is named Jordan ) is mad and accusing me of not "loving Jordan" and that I am not a good friend because I didnt " stick up for that name"

LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Let her be childish about it. You were giving your honest opinion
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:10 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I would tell her that you said that because you didn't think it was ok to support the name again for a different friend. I know I didn't like the fact that I picked out a name that somebody else had and I wouldn't be happy if somebody else I knew picked it out.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• You did kind of bash her son's name. You should'nt have even mentioned it. You should apologise and tell her you weren't being very thoughtful.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 10:13 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Oh brother!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:14 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• hmm... ? i wonder how old the person posting is, & also your friend. thats not a great reason to be angry at someone..u didn even really say anything that was bad at all! just tell her you said yea, it is common because you were thinking of her son, & that you had already helped someone name their child that, & to suggest she name her son that also would indeed make the name common to you , to have 2 friends with sons named the same thing, (that u were asked for help in both situations)
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 10:15 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I would tell her to stop being a baby! And grow up!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:18 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Hehe.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 10:22 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• You did nothing wrong. Jordan is a common name and there is nothing wrong with that. There is nothing to apologize for either. Your friend needs to let it go. As for a name, i do like Jonah...not a common name but still somewhat normal.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:25 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I say apologize. I wouldnt tell her to stop being a baby. it would make you feel bad and i'm 52 so age doesnt matter. u meant no harm but to keep your friendship tell her what that ashisamom mom said above. It was sweet of you to help name her baby. that is an honor and you want to be her friend. good luck!
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 10:27 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Honestly? I'd shake my head at her and not dignify it with a response. Normally, I don't believe in downplaying people's feelings but this borders on ridiculous.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:34 PM on Jan. 24, 2011