Has you SO or DH ever stated that something needed to be done but then never did it until something happened that caused them to do it?

My SO is really bad about doing anything preventive or basic maintenance wise until something breaks or is so bad he has to do something about it. It drives me up the wall.

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 10:10 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Home & Garden

• my husband does that with a lot of household chores.....I'll tell him something's wrong with the stove..."sure I'll take a look at it" nothing until it completely stops working, and that's how it goes with most of these things....drives me insane, but I love him anyway.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:04 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Well sort of. He kept saying he needs to call his dad more, but he never got around to it and then his dad feel into a coma and died... He's dad had terminal cancer so my husband is still eating that guilt over a year later.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:11 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My hubby does tend to procrastinate when it comes to getting things done....
    I have to actually start the project and continue with it before he gets the hint
    that it needed to be done or he will say something like "I will put it on my list" and
    then I know it won't EVER get done until I do it...
    That's ok... when I start doing it, he will jump in ONLY bc he knows that "mama" will
    be a Bitch to live with if he doesn't...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:51 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• my husband procrastinates on certain things too. If he says he'll take care of it I'll remind him after a few days that I still need him to take care of it so that I can _____ (do whatever comes next) and he'll generally remember and get right on it or promise to get it done that week (and he keeps to his word pretty well). I just remind him that he told me that he would take care of it, and there is usually a reason why he hasn't done it yet (long days at work, tired, forgetful, general stuff)
    When things get really hectic we have a list of things that need doing posted on a corkboard in the kitchen and things are taken care of (basically) in the order they are put on the list unless it's a big project that's going to cost a lot to get taken care of.
    hippomom1919

Answer by hippomom1919 at 1:25 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• He usually doesn't wait that long, but he does have a long list of house projects that he wants to get done. He is just slow about doing them.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:31 PM on Jan. 25, 2011