ultrasound being wrong?

has anyone ever been told they were having a boy or a girl at a unltrasound then when you gave birth it was the opposite ? Just curiouse and if this happened how many years ago was this?

Jaxsmommy09

Asked by Jaxsmommy09 at 10:11 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Nope, and I don't know anyone personally who had that happen to them.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 10:14 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• never happened to me.. why, did they tell u that they were unsure, or that it only -LOOKED to be a boy or girl, (without certainty)?
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 10:18 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• No they say boy and they have never been wrong with any of mine and im sure there probably right this time to lol. I just met a mother at the park today who had a toddler my sons age 21months who was a girl and they told her she was having a boy the whole time and she claims she had 2 u/s one at 20weeks and again at 34weeks or so and they said boy she went in had baby and congrats its a GIRL! i know when my mom was pregnant with me they told her i was gonna be a boy but that was 27years ago.
    Jaxsmommy09

Comment by Jaxsmommy09 (original poster) at 10:25 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My friend was told she was having a girl and ended up having a boy. Ultrasounds are not fullproof.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:27 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Yes it happened to me. They said they saw a scrotum at 18 weeks. When I gave birth, they all said "It's a girl!" and I couldn't stop saying "Oh my God" for a while.
    We didn't name her until the day we left :) It was such a surprise.
    that.cassie

Answer by that.cassie at 10:34 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Mine were both VERY clear. No room for guessing, lol.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:42 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• happened to a friend of a friend of mine (2 yrs ago) they were told girl....did everything pink...ended up being a boy!
    also happened to a lady at my moms church (just a couple months ago) same thing..told it was a girl..ended up being a boy
    and a guy i used to work with got his gf pregnant, they were told boy..and she ended up having a girl (6-7 months ago)

which is why i am personally against finding out beforehand..plus i like the excitement and suprise of not knowing! :)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:48 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My aunts best friend was high risk and had numerous ultrasounds. The babys room and baby shower were themed hello kitty! @ 37weeks she went in for an ultrasound and HER SON was spread eagle without a doubt a boy. I guess better to have those last 3 weeks to return and re paint than finding out in the delivery room!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• We have 2 friends who were told wrong. One (4 years ago) was told girl, she had a boy, so she made her mom run out a buy a new boy car seat to take him home in bc she didn't want him to have to have all his 'first ride' pictures in a pink car seat.

Then another friend of ours was told she was having a boy, ended up having a girl, 18 months ago....

We didn't find out with either, it's so much more fun. I love the videos of my dh telling everyone what we had.... :)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:04 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Happened to me, ....they told me my oldest was a girl....I knew he was a boy though. Everyone thought I was crazy, but I painted the nursery blue, and decorated in Pinocchio!! I was right.

That was 28 years ago however, and I'm told the ultra sounds are better now!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:11 PM on Jan. 24, 2011