Question for the military wives? Do you like your husband being in the military? Do you enjoy the military life style?

Obviously, deployments and field trainings suck, but aside from that, over all do you like your husband being in the military? Do you enjoy the military life style? Does your husband? My husband was in the Army for 8 years and officially got out last January. He misses it and is considering going back in. While he was active duty, I would sometimes run across the military wife that just hated it and didn't want anything to do with the military. Of course, I also noticed that these women were always miserable no matter what so I doubt they would have been happy outside of the military life either. So, anyways, what type of military wife are you? Are you one that goes along with the flow of things and does what needs to be done or are you the one counting down the days until your husband gets out because you can't stand it?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 10:33 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Money & Work

• Well i've always had a problem with women who MARRY military men and THEN bitch about it. So stupid. I miss some aspects of military life, but hub has been civilian for 10 years after serving for 12, we both like the real paychecks lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:35 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• We enjoy it. It's not always an easy life but we're okay with that. My husband is coming up on his 20 years and has decided to stay in longer.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 10:36 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• im a ex military wife and it wasnt bad we went with the flow but when my husbands 4 years was up we decided it wasnt for us to continue. We have now been in the civilian world for 3years and i have to say its much better and yes like zakysmommy we like the REAL paychecks better. But being a military wife is all about what you make of it.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 10:40 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• It is a job. We don't love it. Actually at the moment we are both pretty frustrated with it. We have been at a sea duty where he has been going out for 8 months a year or so for the last 8 years. We are waiting for shore duty and they have given him orders to another sea duty in Guam. The kids and I are supposed to go and hubby will follow 5 months later after some training. Only issues being I would have a baby in that amount of time. So I can't say much good right now.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:45 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I actually enjoy it. I am very structured and so is the military. Every question has an answer and everything is right on base...at your fingertips. I miss my husband a lot when he's gone, but appreciate him so much when he comes home. It of course has its ups and downs but after tasting both military and civilian life....I feel more comfortable in the military lifestyle. I always wished I would've joined myself.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 10:46 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Oh, I agree there were times that were frustrating and a career in the military is not for everyone. My husband had only originally intended to serve his 3 1/2 years because at first he didn't think it was for him either. Once he left the first time he realized how much he loved it!

CassiRae3, I wished I had of joined too. I know the army allows you to enter up until you are 42 and I have considered doing that once our son is out of high school, but I will have to see where I am at, at that point in my life.

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 10:51 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I go with the flow. I have time under my belt being active duty army so I already knew the lifestyle very well. We love the army, just not the particular place we are (fort knox).
    SierraLynn

Answer by SierraLynn at 3:59 PM on Jan. 25, 2011