water intoxicantion in toddlers

I'm trying to find out how much water is safe for my boys to drink per day. theyre 16 months old.
the only info i can find online is for babies under six months and for adults...
my boys drink watered down juice A LOT during the day and I'm concerned mostly because I have no idea how much is too much. I would feel a lot better if I knew.
today they had approximately 30 oz of watered down juice so thats probably give or take 20 oz.
they sometimes have more than that, just depends on the day.

can anyone help me find info online as to how much water is too much for a TODDLER to drink??

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 10:44 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I soo wouldn't worry about it. My kids only had water and milk at that age. Rarely had juice. Water intoxication is SOOO rare.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:46 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Unless they are drinkin down gallons of water a day I wouldnt worry about it..its very rare
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 10:48 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My 16 month old easily drinks 20-30oz of straight water a day she has no problems I think they should be alright with it.
    sktrowb

Answer by sktrowb at 10:59 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I would not worry about it that is really not that much.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:08 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I would worry more about the sugar and pesticides in conventional juices, than the water.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:08 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• It depends on how much they weigh. You'll have to ask the dr.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 6:36 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I wouldn't worry about the amount of water as much as I would the amount of sugar in the juice.

Answer by missanc at 9:11 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Are they eating enough? Or are they replacing food with liquid? Maybe it would help if you pushed food a little more, especially juicy foods that won't dry their mouths out. I think that sounds like quite a bit for such a young child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Jan. 25, 2011