What do you make of this?

Phil Griffin, MSNBC's president, said on Saturday that he saw the new lineup—featuring a string of liberal shows hosted by Rachel Maddow, Ed Schultz, and Mr. O'Donnell but no Mr. Olbermann—as a permanent network fixture.

"I'm committed to this for years," he said. "It fits with who we are as a network."

So did the president of MSNBC admit that the 'network' is liberal?  Looks that way to me.  Not that I ever really questioned it, but I thought all news channels were supposed to pretend that they don't favor either side.

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 10:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• It only matters when it's fox.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:24 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• What did you expect when the CEO of GE, owners of NBC and MSNBC also works in the Obama administration.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 12:39 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Hell, they haven't hidden it for ages.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:05 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• He might as well..it's no secret.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:13 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• How could he deny it?
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 5:56 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I have to admit I was not aware that Comcast bought NBC.
    TeeHee.
    Evidently Comcast has some new ideas the talking heads aren't aware of.
    The term Permanent doesn't exist anymore in any workforce.
    Just ask Olbermann.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:52 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• The other thing I wonder about Quinn is the new Centrist approach Obama will have to take after today for re election.
    With MSNBC admitting to be very left, and bathtub boy steering it very left, how are they going to address Obama's daily activities.
    Who will be the worst person in the world when Olbermann is angry at Obama?? Hmmmmmm? We'll never know now!
    If MSNBC has a left slant, and Obama is going Centrist-MSNBC will have to go a little center to keep the guy in office. Incredibly hard for the headliners they have now and what they said in the past.JMHO
    Unless of course Comcast is trying to dig itself out of the loser title and gain some income and respect by suddenly going right, and then we may just see some new faces all around.
    And that's ok with me.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:26 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/23/olbermann-bush-returns-to_n_219884.html

How could MSNBC ever hide it's left agenda with political vitriol like this?

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:30 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Whatever, It's no secret.
    MSNBC has their tiny piece of viewership and that's fine with me. Every now and then I peek in for a laugh.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:49 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Do you think with Olby getting the ax (ohh wait, can we say, "ax"?)~ Do you think MSNBC might move up to 10 viewers now? I bet Comcast is soooo excited about their 'investment'...... Now, let's have a moment of silence for Air America, shall we? WHOOP WHOOP.... ;o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:12 PM on Jan. 25, 2011