Medical question for moms

Here is what happened, bout a week ago I had a root canal on my wisdom tooth, unfortunetly my jaw bone was up higher then they thought and I didn't have enough of a gumline to have it heal over which is also known as the most dreaded and painful, dry socket.
Here is what they plan on doing: They want me to go in so they can saw my jaw bone down and stitch the gumline together.
Here is the question: I have had a fever ranging from 99.5- 100.9 and can not get it to drop. I am on antibiotics, out of pain medication and in alot of it. Will they still do the surgery?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Health

• Y don't u ask the dentist for more pain meds? A fever means that there is an infection somewhere in your body or mouth.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:03 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• You should not have surgery while you have a fever/infection. I doubt they will do it. Take some ibuprofen for the pain and wait until the infection subsides.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 11:05 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• You poor thing! I would discuss your fever with your dentist before he does anything. You didn't say how long you've been on antibiotics but definetely take it up with them, also ask them to write you a prescription for more pain meds. Hope you feel better soon.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:08 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• No they will not do surgery when you have a fever.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 5:43 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Thanks guys I really appreciate it!!! I have been on antibiotics for over a month now (due to a severe abcess before they removed the tooth, and during) Thank god the abcess is gone now!!) Seeing the dentist on thurs!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:04 PM on Jan. 25, 2011