Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

18Month old environment

my brother is a drugaddict and my parents wnt kick him out. They enable him and let him bring drugs into the house. he does them in his room. he is over 21. i live at home also with my 18 month old. There is a lot of arguing that goes on and my brother acts like a child or trows fits. i dnt want my daughter being around it all. im in school partime and my parents watch her. I am stuck bc i dnt have. A job and i need someone to watch her while im in class. i have someone to stay with partime if i want. canshe feel wat is going on wen everyone is arguing? Will it affect her to be in this environment its not always bad.. but id say 75% of the time. can this affe t her? if i had money to leave i wuld. Im 22. Should i take the offer tostay with a friend partime or will that confuse her? i just want whats best for her. Thoughts or opinions??

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

Answers (5)
  • It sounds like you really need to get out of that situation. Yes, living in those conditions will affect her. Moving would be better. Children can feel anxious, and an angry atmosphere is not healthy for little ones. It sounds like a tough situation to be in for a mom trying to get through school. I hope you get to a better place soon and everything works out.

    Answer by LadySenae at 11:11 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

  • I would get out. and if you can, I would get a job then you can get daycare through the state (Working Connections Childcare) daycare would be good for her, socilize her. and maybe you taking her out of your parents house will wake them up that they should do something about your brother.
    good luck, I'm praying for all of you<3

    Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:13 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

  • I would do whatever it takes to get yourself and the child out of that situation.

    Answer by sktrowb at 12:20 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

  • You are an adult, and need to get your child out of that situation. Either call the police or move out

    Answer by rkoloms at 6:15 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

  • i would get your child out of the house as much as possible and I would get out as soon as I can. I don't know what kind of drugs he uses but some of them cause people to do horrible things.

    Answer by MelissaCarole at 5:47 AM on Jan. 28, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.