how can i make her move

im 22 weeks pregnant with a girl and shes always in my ribs i have tried everything to make her move but shes just not wanting too and it hurts alot when she kicks me

devlynsmommy08

Asked by devlynsmommy08 at 11:26 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• at 22 weeks you uterus is barely above the belly button and the baby is only half a pound and about 6 inches long. You may have something else going on.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:28 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I feel your pain!!!! Im about 26 weeks and my son is ALWAYS kicking and sitting in my rib cage area. It hurts so bad to sit up cause he pushes my ribs up. Have you tried getting on all fours and trying to move her that way?? I have tried this and sometimes it works while other times it doesn't. Your probably just carrying higher like I am and there is nothing we can really do about it. WIsh you best of luck!!
    devonsmommie3

Answer by devonsmommie3 at 11:29 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• just try pushing her down... or talk to the doc and see what they say.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 11:33 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• id be talking to your dr at 22weeks your uterus is just barely above your belly button and you shouldnt be feeling anything that high yet. Usually you dont feel baby in your ribs till around 26 to 30eeks.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 11:43 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• If you have a small pelvic bone, the baby may not be as low as they think. Maybe you are having a big baby.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:39 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• when I went in for my last sonogram, the baby was in an inconvenient place to get a good look, so the technician bounced the ultrasound tool on my belly a few times and got the baby moving a little bit. Maybe just massage where it hurts and see if you can't coax your little one into a better position
    Jessie S.

Answer by Jessie S. at 4:08 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• bounce on a birth/yoga ball
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:42 AM on Jan. 25, 2011