isnt it horrible that even if you post annonymous theres no privacy because the cafemom team are reading everything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 AM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Just for Fun

• really i didn't know that , oh well, hello cafemom team...good morning!
    leahc

Answer by leahc at 7:50 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• the way some of these people act they do need to read everything the problem is alot of these people are getting away with their ignorance and i am almost ready to close this account becuz of it
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:57 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I don't think so. After all, it is CafeMom's website and you agree to their Terms of Use when you sign up.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 8:35 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I agree.... who cares? I'm glad, actually. There are some crazy people out there and it makes me feel a little protected.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I also agree...who cares? If you post anon that is fine if it is an embarrassing question...Cafemom team won't tell, they don't know who you are personally....but if you are a basher or threaten other mom's then they should know and kick you off.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:17 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Who cares.
    cloverlady2008

Answer by cloverlady2008 at 9:37 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Yeah they can see who it is regardless. I don't care. They don't know me. I am not a basher or harasser so it doesn't bother me. Even if I do have to post an embarassing question....oh well, I don't know any of them personally. Some of these moms are so extreme...it makes me feel better to know how normal I am....LOL
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:44 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Yeah...you kind of agreed to the terms of use when you signed up, so it's only fair that the owners of the site can see who you are at all times. They're not going to go blabbing your secrets to all their friends.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:14 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• yep, becauise i have posted anon. and been contacted by the team because my remark was harsh. wtf......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Well, considering there are less than 20 people monitoring content on the website, I doubt seriously they are reading everything. If they remove an anon answer it's because another member reported it. With all the problem reports they deal with, I doubt they have time to read much at all

They tell you when you click the anon box that your answers will reflect on your account so you knew, or should have, that they can access your information. If you think about it, that protects you. As nasty as things get around here, can you imagine how much worse it be if there were no accountability at all?
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 2:16 AM on Jul. 9, 2009