PSAT or SAT's

do they modify SAT's for children with special disabilities?

do they even give children with special disabilities?

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 11:39 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'm not sure. You might want to go on the SAT website and contact someone regarding that, or look at the FAQ and see if that has any helpful info.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 1:22 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• There are concessions for children with special needs, however, you have to be able to prove that there's a need for the concessions (one of the examples I've heard is, say, your child is dyslexic or has ADHD, but is in mainstream classes and "holding their own" with no sort of IEP, etc, then no, they aren't going to get any concessions). However, there is a process where you can request special concessions. Here's the link that will explain the process and how to go about requesting them.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:40 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I have a friend who is a high school special ed teacher. They do make accommodations for students with special needs. Speak with your child's guidance counselor

Answer by rkoloms at 6:17 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I don't believe the actual test is modified, but yes accomodations can be made. Some may require the test be read aloud to them. Some may need to do the test on a computer over pencil and paper, etc.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:31 AM on Jan. 25, 2011