Why didn't this get much press?

By a vote of 253 to 175, the GOP directed key House committees to report on ways to lower healthcare premiums, allow patients to keep their current health plans, increase access to coverage for those with pre-existing conditions, and decrease the price of medical-liability lawsuits. In other words, the committees are beginning work on replacing the House-repealed Obamacare with Republican health policies.

Repeal got a lot of press coverage. Replacement got far less. If they needed any reminding, GOP lawmakers are learning that controlling the levers of power in the House doesn't mean controlling the media narrative on health care.

"Democrats wanted to characterize repeal as draconian, ignoring the fact that we do have very, very positive alternatives," says Rep. David Dreier, chairman of the House Rules Committee. "It's been difficult for us to get that (message) out there. We said repeal and replace, and we're in the process of replacing."

Could we possibly get some common sense into the process?

http://townhall.com/columnists/ByronYork/2011/01/24/house_gop_begins_long_drive_to_dismantle_obamacare

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 11:43 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Interesting- I think many Americans would like to hear accurate information in regards to the HC package. Replacement factors, I am all ears. WE are the people that are affected. WE are the people who deserve the full scoop. While the HC payment/approval system needed reform, the Hodge podge presented totally missed the mark.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:52 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• The Obama loving left wing media does not want us to know that the republicans have a better plan.

That is why you will only see it on Fox News.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 12:25 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Right nates.If their plan goes through, mark my words, O will claim it as his just as he has done with the Bush tax cuts.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:10 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• How can the media, that was all for and behind this piece of shit, rectify all the praise they gave it pushing for it's passage, now say opps, we might have been wrong!! They have to stand their ground no matter how hard the ground shifts!
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 6:23 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I'm not into glorification for work done well.
    If the plan is repealed I'm happy. If it's replaced with GOP ideas I'm even happier.
    The media is not too much of a concern anymore, as it was in the past for prejudice anyway, I get my info from other sources.
    We'll get this done and then we'll get rid of Obama for good.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:48 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• We'll get this done and then we'll get rid of Obama for good.

Ohhhhhhhhh and whats that mean younglady!!?? Watch it now! LOL
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:15 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Apparently you don't watch tv or read the papers, the repeal farce was everywhere, mainly because they KNOW it won't pass and they are wasting TIME and MONEY

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:20 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• If it's replaced with GOP ideas I'm even happier.

The individual mandate WAS a republican idea

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:28 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• LOL Tn.
    I don't care to see the man ANYWHERE after he's out of The People's House.
    And his little dog too......................................
    only....nobody knows where the dog is since October.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:37 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• There is something going with that dog.I can feel it something isn't right I tell ya!
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:42 AM on Jan. 25, 2011