Has your husband ever told you this?

Is it just me or what? At least once a week my DH gets so mad at me that he says he can't stand me, is sick of me, and wants nothing more than to be away from me. He is so hateful to me and will say the meanest things to me. I tell him I love him and care about him and his response to me is to get the fuck away from him. It about kills me inside. I feel lost and lonely and it is hard to shake the feeling even after he gets over it. It is as if when he is mad at me, he just stops caring at all for me and I become the scum of the earth to him. Do other men do this or is it just me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm sorry your dh feels the need to disrespect you like that. No one deserves to be treated that way. And if he honestly loved you, he would never be able to say things like that to you.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• honey you need to really sit down and have a talk with your husband about his feelings for you. Its one thing for your husband to be upset with you for something as all couples have fights but thats pretty harsh and i dont think i would tolerate that very well. Sit down with him when hes in a good mood of course and just tell him how you feel when he acts that way and find out where he is coming from.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 11:55 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i think men just get scared and saythings without really things about the harm it can cause.. he does need to speak to you better though cause you don't need to stand for that... but when he does get mad you should also walk away and tell him when he wants to talk to you nicely then he can come to you.. be strong.. GL and i'm sorry you have to go through this.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 11:56 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• No, that's verbal abuse.
    Anonymous

• Sounds to me like you love him alot more than he loves you. You do not deserve to be treated that way... for any reason, no matter how mad he is! Its called verbal abuse. Im sorry you have to go through that.... the only advice I can offer is to try and tell him how hurtful those words are, if that doesn't work.... maybe you should leave.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 11:58 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• That is verbal and emotional abuse. No GOOD man says that to his wife.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:00 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I'm sorry sweetie! No, my dh has never said that to me!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:00 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• My last boyfriend has issues with women and would act like this with me...it is not you it is them and their lack of regard to women in general.
    You need to leave and fast before he cripples you emotionally...you deserve better and you need to know it.
    Another thing you need to ask yourself is why would you put up with this another day? you don't really love him..it is more of an addiction then anything. Did you have bad relationships in the past? your dad? an uncle? anybody?
    think about it and realize you are a person who derserves to be treated with respect and you need to move on with your life.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:06 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Wow im sorry but no my husbands bever said that to me , Y r u even with him thats being verably abusive if u ask me . I mean if u want it to work maybe suggest therapy if he doesnt want to then mabe its time to think about urself and wahts best for u and i dont think its him
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 12:13 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• If he says it that often, I'm sure you are wondering if he really means it. I think you both need to sit down and decide what you want from the relationship. It sounds like something could be wrong. If need be, try counseling.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:26 AM on Jan. 25, 2011