How can I adjust to living in a trailer home?

I'm considering purchasing a used trailer home.
I have never lived in one before, just heard about them in movies in the past, which I don't think is the best example.
I rather here from those who have,
lived in one or new of people who lived in them.
Thanks so much!

Sakinsglow

Asked by Sakinsglow at 11:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2011 in Home & Garden

• My gramma lived in one and I called it a can on wheels!! No place for kids to play!!! Not a good idea if u have kids.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:58 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I don't live in a trailer but I know that they depreciate not appreciate.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:59 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• @ Dancer thanks for your opinion a can on wheels thats funny!
    Sakinsglow

Comment by Sakinsglow (original poster) at 12:03 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Ohh at Dancer the ones I was considering dont have any wheels at all!
    Sakinsglow

Comment by Sakinsglow (original poster) at 12:04 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Thanks Simplicity!
    Sakinsglow

Comment by Sakinsglow (original poster) at 12:05 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• to answer you on a serious level...lol, you don't want weak floors and look at the ceiling and make sure it looks good, no water spots. walk along the walls for soft spots in the floors....you know when you walk on the floors they should feel sturdy not soft.... and look for any fresh paint in random areas that might be covering up bad spots

this is coming from my husband who knows when to buy used trailers and when not to buy them
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:13 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I was raised in a trailer home. I dont see anything wrong with it. It is a home just like anyother.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 12:17 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Theres more according to my husband...
    he says feel the paneling/walls and check for bubbling to see for leaks in the walls

BTW...my husband loves looking at the answers section with me because he feels "big" about giving women advice like this, lol
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:23 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I'm a little offended by some of the comments here! I live in a mobile home park! My home isn't a trailer, nor is it a tin can on wheels. Many tend to confuse a camper with a mobile home. My home was built in 2002. It has three bedrooms, new carpet, a huge kitchen, an amazing master bath with a skylight, and can also be put on a foundation or a basement. I pay a mortgage, just like anyone else, and the value has not depreciated whatsoever. We will be purchasing a large home very soon here, and this home has served us well! It looks nice, we have nice landscaping too!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:26 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Oh yeah, it is 1400 square feet as well.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:29 AM on Jan. 25, 2011