Why does my 3 year old son not act out

Why does my 3 year old son not act out when he's home alone with me he takes naps and listens to me and hardly if at all throws any tantrums why when daddy is home does he not take naps throw huge tantrums and not listen to anyone? We tried displining him but that doesn't seem to work either....As a matter of fact I don't even have to displin him when daddy is not home but when he is he just acts out so badly....Why.....

LadyDragon1981

Asked by LadyDragon1981 at 12:47 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My dd tends to act up more when her father comes to visit. Maybe your son just needs to spend more time one-on-one with daddy? Maybe taking him out for dinner, or taking him to the park...watching a movie together or building a fort?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• They spend alot of time together though....sometimes I think more then he and I spend together.....
    LadyDragon1981

Comment by LadyDragon1981 (original poster) at 12:54 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Wow. My son has been the same way. For years. He is 15. Still doing it. Perhaps your child see's you as the head of the house, or the one with the power. He may then resent his dad for trying to do what he perceives as your job. Also is dad consistant with him? Kids can sniff that out but quick and are not very tolerant of it.
    goddessmom

Answer by goddessmom at 2:20 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Could be he wants more of his fathers complete attention OR
    Could be he is jealous dad came home and wants your complete attention OR
    he is learning how to manipulate you both as parents.
    MSugarKane

Answer by MSugarKane at 6:29 PM on Jan. 26, 2011