Mirena

Has anyone every had a mirena, and feels like they are in labor?

ablm

Asked by ablm at 1:03 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• i'd get it removed
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 2:30 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I use to have one, got it out after 3 years in Nov. How long have you had it? I never had that feeling...just some cramping the first couple of weeks of getting it.
    Rosiecheeks309

Answer by Rosiecheeks309 at 11:07 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I felt that way the 3 months I had it. It was TERRIBLE. After countless attempts to get seen to see what was wrong, they finally did an ultrasound & i was in emergancy surgery the next morning because it was embedded in my uterus. I'd get it checked, asap.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 2:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I had mirena, and I too had it removed. Mine went through my uterus and wound up underneath my stomach. I kept complaining to the doctor about pain because I could feel it went i bent over, and he insisted i was fine. Once he finally found it, he said I was lucky it didn't do more damage. And it was in the exact spot where I had been having the sharp pain at. If you are in pain, insist that they check it!
    sugrpi_2

Answer by sugrpi_2 at 11:30 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I had the mirena and the only thing I can complain about are the INTENSE cramps around the time of my period.. i would never actually bleed though. If your nervous you should ask your doctor they can order an xray and check it out.
    SARAHBIGGS1987

Answer by SARAHBIGGS1987 at 5:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Always consider the side effects before taking any kind of birth control.

Also, whenever i experienced problems with any medications, It's always good to look up the brand online to see reviews from other people.
    ChelseATX

Answer by ChelseATX at 5:56 PM on Jan. 30, 2011