For thosf you who have basements-

What have you done with it? If there is a basement bathroom, do you decorate it rustic or like the main floor? Do you have the laundry area in your basement?

txdaniella

Asked by txdaniella at 1:09 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Home & Garden

• my basement has a living area we're still trying to figure out what to do with, a huge bathroom that's used only by the cat, the washer/dryer and a bedroom that we painted and tricked out as a playroom.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:56 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• my basement has 2 bedrooms, full bath and a laundry room..it looks like the main floor of the house, no wood paneling or anything just white walls
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:32 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• If we buy a house with a basement we want to finish it and turn it into a playroom for the kids. My SIL has one, and I love it! Toys don't take over the house and the loud kids movies are downstairs!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:16 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Our basement has a full bathroom, laundry room, guest bedroom, home theatre room, office, and furnace room.  It's fully finished except for the bathroom which we have extended, so we need to completely re-model it.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:47 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• partially finished basement. n bathroom. but its pretty large, have a couch, flatscreen, video game systems, computer & toys down there. the laundry area is seperated by a wood panel wall & a door. i love it but its cold down there in these MI winters! i need to get a better space heater!
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 1:17 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• My basement is small, but this is our first house and it's a starter house.We were just happy to even have a basement lol. We don't have a bathroom in it and it's unfinished. It gets used for storage. Our hot water heater is there and that's about it. When we but a larger house, we are gong to have it built to our desires. It ill have a full bathroom in the basement, a rec room that will have a pool table down there, a couch, tv, fridge.....it's going to be like another house down there lol. I plan on letting my children stay down there when they are in college or newly married so that they can save up for a house of their own. I know some ppl who did that and they were able to save up REALLY fast for a house.:-)

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:07 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Yes, we have our washer and dryer down there, but it's not finished all the way.
    OldnWiseMom

Answer by OldnWiseMom at 2:28 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Ours is fully finished. I have it decorated just as I do the rest of the house though since it is mainly the kids/teens area to hang out, I did it on the cheap (IKEA) and a little "funkier" than the more formal spaces upstairs. The laundry/storage area is there but it is closed off from the rest of the living area.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:56 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Our new basement is completely finished; exercise room, office, storage area, and theater room. We have a wet bar in the theater room, with a full-size fridge, dishwasher, microwave, and sink. It's gorgeous, doesn't look or feel like a basement.

In our old house it was used mostly for storage and the laundry room. The ceilings were really low, so finishing it really wasn't an option.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:41 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• It is only a half cellar so I just store gardening pots/tools and rubbermaid containers full of seasonal items.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:35 PM on Jan. 26, 2011