What to do inside with kids on cold winter days?

Lately, the weather has been super cold here in Ontario. It would be nice to take my children outside to play in the snow, etc. However their stuck in the house with me and my partner. I in need of some suggestions we could do inside as a family or I could do with them. My oldest is 3.5 yrs old and my youngest is 19 months. Some things I already do is read them books, play hide and go seek, and do my aerobics with them.

Thanks,

ChildGoddess

Asked by ChildGoddess at 1:35 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• Finger-painting, th oldest is old enough to play Memory, build them a fort ou of a huge carrboard box and let them color it, have them help you cook, make little pizzas out of bagels, play with water colors, play with puzzles, make puppets....the list goes on and on. There are hundreds of things you can make with crafts and kis.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:55 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• *kids
    SweetLoveofMine

• *the oldest and *cardboard. Sorry I can't seem to type tonight lol
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:57 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• watch movies
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 2:23 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Make homemade play doh. Plenty of recipes on the net. I use the one that calls for veg. oil, flour, salt, water, and cream of tartar. The more you knead it, the softer it gets--and the older and more it is played with, the softer it gets. It lasts forever! Your kids are blessed to have such an involved mom!
    OldnWiseMom

Answer by OldnWiseMom at 2:27 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• One of the great things about living in a city, is there is so much to do! Take a ride on a bus or a train; go to a museum or zoo; go to a mall and have a picnic

Answer by rkoloms at 6:24 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• We like to make our own fingerpaints by mixing powdered Kool-Aid with plain yogurt. We watch movies. We read books. My kids love to play on the computer. Bake cookies (or anything).
    Amithyst

Answer by Amithyst at 4:16 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• make popcorn call family conferencesFinger-painting, th oldest is old enough to play Memory, build them a fort ou of a huge carrboard box and let them color it, have them help you cook, make little pizzas out of bagels, play with water colors, play with puzzles, make puppets see movies board game .
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 4:19 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• board games
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 6:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2011