Can i get some creative minds to answer this question for me? asap please

Okay so I run a gym, well me and my hubby, it is a small one, very small, almost like a mini health club.

I was thinking that I do not want to be there 24/7 anymore, we just opened 2 weeks ago. Currently the hours are 5am-11p.  I stay the second half of the day, hubby stays the first half of the day, so far 7 days a week.

I need to hire ppl/students/etc  These will just be front desk people, and they will help do maintenance/cleaning around the gym.

I want to hire some people.  But I want to make this look good.  So 1...the entire gym's equipment is black, no off colors, all equipment is black

We do have steps and such and they vary between 5 colors, a couple shades of blue, a couple shades of purple, and white.  So I was thinking I will take those as my color template???  So I was thinking:

Lavender shirts for the women and the Aqua color shirts for the men???? sound good?  Or should I do the violet and Deep Blue?

Should the people we hire on wear polo's, button-ups, etc? And then Black Dickies, or some other suggestion for pants?  <I am going to put in an order tomorrow, so I am trying to have this down asap.

also any other suggestions?  I am putting in a mass order of shirts, so I need this advice ASAP!!! and I am also doing my first of 3 rounds of interviews tuesday,  2 on wednesday, and 2 on thursday...I want to hire 5 staff members by Sunday.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I vote polos (do you have a logo to embroider on them?) and Khakies ... Black seems to show spots more easily. I think all the staff should be the same color, unless the color differentiate ranks. They could be provided with a shirt or two of colors YOU chose. You can make available, say navy, forest green, maroon and they could pick. Your logo would unite them all as staff members. Likewise, you could pick 3 pastel colors. I just don't like the different colors by sex and I think a full button-down looks too muck like an office, not a gym.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 8:34 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I'd go with the same color for both, that way they can all look neat & uniformed. Maybe try khaki or black pants, & I like the aqua blue color. Good Luck!!
    NCBec

Answer by NCBec at 3:12 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I would pick deep blue for the guys and for the girls either deep blue or aqua. I would steer away from purple altogether because it's not going to look professional and guys aren't going to want to wear aqua probably. Polos look good. Black pants or khaki are good.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:12 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I would not go with the purple, the maroon, or the black one (I think it's cool to do the uniform color thing, but I think with all the equipment being black, the trainers wearing black, and I'm assuming a dark color for pants, the black would need something to break it up, if nothing else but to accentuate all the rest of the black. I would also steer clear of the white / slate for the same reason, but I prefer that to the black.)

Personally, I would have the men and women wearing the same color, and go with (in this order), the red, the green, or either of the blue ones.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:41 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Oh, something else to keep in mind - I picked the red, because I thought it would have the most contrast (while still accentuating) the black. But, if you're going to be wearing the same colors, then I would pick the one (or ones) that look best on you (or you and your dh). Because honestly, as the owners, if you end up picking a color that doesn't look good on you (lol - and we all have colors that look good on us and ones that look like crap on us), then that could have a subconscious influence on the people who come to your gym. Yes, it's to work out, get healthy, etc - but at the same time, it's to get in shape and look good, and, even if they're in good shape, if the owners are in colors that make them look washed out or sickly or whatever, that could leave a negative impression...

So pick ones that look the best on you :-)

Or, pick the style and have that identical, but pick several shirt colors.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:47 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Not all black thats depressing!! For the pants black and maybe khaki. The shirts for the woman sounds good but I dont know about the aqua color for the men. Is the deep blue is that like dark purple? I dont know about that color either.
    A gym I went to before all the workers were wearing Referee Shirts and I thought that was pretty cool. Just an idea.
    traci5112007

Answer by traci5112007 at 3:58 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• i think all should have royal blue polo tops button ups with black trousers / shorts
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:38 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• O also ladies

I have personal trainers coming in and out, contracted at different times, and they wear all black.  Black shoes, Black Pants/Shorts, black shirt/jacket.  All Black.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:24 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• what about any of these colors? or too lax?

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:25 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• good point abt black, but wouldnt khakis remind them of the army? it would me lol .. may come across as too strict jmo
    san78

Answer by san78 at 9:23 AM on Jan. 25, 2011