Looked in mirror today and saw a post-csection bulge. Ick! Any suggestions on how to tone that area? Crunches aren't working!

joli13

Asked by joli13 at 3:50 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Surgery. Seriously, you cannot tone down skin that was stretched out by surgeons spreading it out and removing a person from it. It's loose skin, not fat.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:54 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• If you're young, you may have enough elastin in your skin for it to "eventually" tone down but the older you get, the less elastin you have, the less chance of that happening. From everything I've researched there will always be a little pooch left over....tummy tuck is what's advised *sigh*...if only LOL
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 5:27 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• You can do it. I had a ton of fat on my tummy after having my girls. and it still isn't completely toned up, I have a little extra flab to rid of. I ran everyday (still do) and I also do crunches and weight lift. But crunches aren't going to do anything for the fat on top of the muscles! It's the cardio that burns the fat off..!!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 6:13 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Do cardio! Like zumba or hip hop abs or dance with me fit or tae bo
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 7:56 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I think everyone is different as far as what their skin can take. I know people that have had several kids and c-sections and they look fantastic and others not so much. If you are doing crunches and you are sure you are doing them properly then if I were you, I would just chat with my OBGYN and see what they say. Good luck, I hope you find a solution.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:46 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• you have to work out, not just do crunches. And drink plenty of water
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:04 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Give it some time.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 12:12 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• That's probably the most frustrating thing about having a c-section! And the sad part is, it's pretty much impossible to get rid of! My son will be three in a month and mine's still there. I have done a lot to work out my abs, and that does help a little bit... it'll make that bulge a little less fatty and mostly just skin, which helps. My best advice is to learn to love it. We all have things we'd like to change about our bodies, especially after we have kids... it's so much easier to just learn to love it than it is to hate it and try to make it go away!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:22 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I have been curious about this also.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 6:15 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I am really not sure, sometimes the scare tissue can make it impossible to make it totally go away.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:20 AM on Jan. 26, 2011