What the most disgusting thing you ever found in your food?

I just took a bite of my sandwich and heard/ felt a big "crrrrr!" between my teeth. Brrrr, goosebumps just thinking of it. Finally I got it out and appearantly there's been a tiny pebble in the bread. At least I think it's a pebble. Looking at it closely it could aslo be a iddy-biddy piece of dirty glas. Nothing broke of, but it didn't sound healthy for the tooth enamel. Shall I leave it or contact the bakery?

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 6:01 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Food & Drink

• an elastic band covered in grey hairs ewwww
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:21 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I'd be contacting the bakery and possibly my attorney! That's crazy! There's no excuse for that. And to answer your question the mst disgusting thing I have had in my food is a roach. Yep. A live one at Red Lobster. We were sitting right next to the kitchen and I suppose it came in that way. The manager said they never have bug issues. Yeah whatever. Dh worked in the food industry for years and said all resturants have bug issues of some kind. Bugs like food and filth.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 6:07 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Flesh of a dead animal

Answer by rkoloms at 6:10 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I was at a Black Angus one day and had a very large green catepillar crawl out of my salad. I didn't make a fuss, but I called the waiter over for a new salad because I "was hungry and didn't want to share", pointing at the catepillar. He went white, grabbed the plate and ran off to the kitchen. Before I knew it, I had the manager there apologizing profusely because he'd been the one to prep the salads and must have overlooked it and is there anything we can do to make it up to you. I said yes, can I have a new salad. These things happen.

He ended up comping most of our meal.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:20 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• contat the bakery
    san78

• yuk!
    BeachMom81

Comment by BeachMom81 (original poster) at 6:24 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I was at a restaurant eating a salad. I was talking to my husband and happily forking in mouthfuls of the salad when I happened to glance down and see something moving in it. It was a smallish brown cockroach. I nearly vomited right there.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:02 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• At Wendy's, there was a caterpillar on the lettuce of my jr bacon cheeseburger. Definitely contact the bakery! They should at least reimburse you for the price of your meal, at the VERY least!

Answer by missanc at 9:10 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I found a black beetle in a can of canned spaghetti, and for some reason my 18 yr old always fins hair in her food! and it is is not hers..like we went to a chinese buffet and she found short black hair in some rice..she has long blonde hair
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 10:51 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• A hair baked into the crust of a pizza, at a pizza place - they make their own dough fresh every morning, roll it oub by hand, and it was right where there was a fold/crease in the crust. Yeah, I raised heck. I demanded my money back, but they tried to give me free food - I said heck no, reimburse me, and I'm never coming back. Blech.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jan. 25, 2011