Acid reflux???

Ok I sometimes have to suppliment with formula because not sure if I'm producing enough breastmilk. My daughter has spit up the formula 3 times now, awhile after her feeding. Could this be due to acid reflux? I'm gonna ask her peditrician on Thursday at her appointment, but I just don't get it most of the time she's fine with both the formula and breastmilk.

MicaMommy2Be

Asked by MicaMommy2Be at 6:01 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Her tummy could be rejecting it because it's not used to it. If you want to make more breastmilk, pump after nursing.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 6:09 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• my son had acid reflux when he was little.. he was on formula bc he has a milk protein allergy. but the signs of the reflux were very obvious. 5 minutes after he ate he would scream and you could see his discomfort. He would almost be swallowing back down what he just had.
    dmdemes

Answer by dmdemes at 8:02 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• My daughter had the spitting up thing REALLY bad, to the point that I was sure she was starving. She wasn't. We had to use the Enfamil Hypo Allergenic lactose free formula. The milk solids were just too much for her little tummy. She is probably lactose intolerant. Try that formula. It really helped my daughter not spit up so much. And keeping her still for burping by just rubbing her back gently helped too. Good luck and God bless. Hugs!
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 11:13 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Did you know that being unsure of yourself when it comes to making enought breastmilk can actually lower you supply? I didnt know until I was told by my lactation consultant. As long as baby is making adequate pee and poop you supply is fine. Some babies tummies cant stand the formula. Try letting b aby sleep at a incline like in a carseat, swing, bouncy chair after eating. Thats how we ruled out reflux with m baby.
    AngelMommyof6

Answer by AngelMommyof6 at 1:13 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• ty everyone, all the answers were helpful
    MicaMommy2Be

Comment by MicaMommy2Be (original poster) at 8:43 PM on Jan. 26, 2011