Which is better exercise to loose weight?

Which is better? Aerobics every day & strength training and weight training every other day OR Aerobics every other day & strength and weight training every other day on alternate days?

Honda309

Asked by Honda309 at 6:09 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Cardio is your biggest factor to losing weight. Once you have lost the weight you wanted then start strength training. I run 20 minutes per day and do some strength training to tone up all my muscles now!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 6:11 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• The first one.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 6:14 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• yep agree with both ladies
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 6:30 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Cardio! I would get the zumba total fitness
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 7:24 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Aerobics everyday is really important for weight loss, but doing strength training every other day is also important. Cardio helps you burn calories as you are doing it and it helps build your endurance among many other things. Building muscles help you burn even more calories as it ups your metabolism... the more muscle you have the more of a fat burning machine you become. And your body will burn fat longer after strength training because your body is trying to repair the microscopic tears in your muscles. So I would do both now. Good luck:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:30 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I agree with the others Good luck in whatever you decide!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:40 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• some sort of cardio is always best, because you need your body and muscles to be properly warm so that you don't strain them while strength training. I am a dance teacher and one of the biggest mistakes my students do is to just jump into dancing and not properly warm-up, that's where injuries happen and then guess what? no working out at all until you are healed!! The biggest thing you can do is to listen to your body daily as you exercise and give it what it needs, maybe all cardio one day, maybe only 15 minutes the next followed by 40 minutes strength training, maybe trying an adult dance class the next ;)
    erikital

Answer by erikital at 9:40 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Some strength training is incorporated into the cardio workouts I do. I do Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds and I do at least one mile with weights or a resistance band, and I have an Air Climber by Brenda Dygraf (www.theairclimber.com) which uses another band with several of it's workouts. I do however try to do some exercises with 5 pound weights in the evening after the kids have gone to bed and i'm watching tv.

But personally I do a little of both everyday because at the same time i'm losing the pounds I want to be gaining strength in my problem areas (mainly my upper arms, I callthem bat wings or hamhocks)
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:10 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• you need both!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Both.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 12:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2011