New York cafe moms- if you dial from your house phone to NJ, do you dial 1+732 area code?Or just 732?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Technology

• Im not in ny but I know that any where if you call from a landline you should dial a 1 before the number, when calling from a cell phone no 1 is needed.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 7:53 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• If you dial from NJ you do not need the 1 the number still goes through. But if you dial out of state in NY, you still need to dial the 1.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:57 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• depending on what area code your in a which you calling you do need to dial the 1....I'm in 609 and if I call 732 and dont put a 1 it will not connect.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:09 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Really?That is something. I always dial 1 before dialing Long Island NY but my husband told me to just dial the number and it goes through without the 1.That is so unusual but vice versa my mom can not she has to add 1.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:13 AM on Jan. 25, 2011