Childcare

im a signgle mom trying to finish college with no job is there anyway to get free childcare?

annie27713

Asked by annie27713 at 7:40 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 1 (-1 Credits)
  • Contact your local welfare office
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 7:45 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• i dnt want to go on welfare bc it will affect me later
    annie27713

Comment by annie27713 (original poster) at 7:49 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• If you check around their are SAHM looking for extra money babysitting. Maybe check Craigslist.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 7:52 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• You want free childcare, but don't want to go get help for it. How exactly is it going to affect you later? I don't see how that makes sense. We've been on welfare before and have never had any issues since being off of it. It was what we needed at the time and it helped up get back on our feet.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 8:05 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• My mom told me it can affect u getting a job sorta like being in jail does. Is that true?
    annie27713

Comment by annie27713 (original poster) at 8:08 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• No that's not true. If anything employers(say you got a part time job while in school) are happy that you have child care and are able to do your job . Getting assistance is not a crime like being arrested for stealing. As I said, we've bveen on it and never had any issues from it.

how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 8:12 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• it does not affect you later...it is not public record like a criminal record....employers have no way of knowing, i promise...contact your local audubon childcare office, they will help you get free childcare if you're a full time student
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 8:33 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• i tried to get child care for my son last year but my hubby made too much. what i did was went on craigslist, and posted in the barter section. i needed a sitter, so i bartered babysitting, for babysitting. it lasted for about 2 weeks, then we were best friends and just traded kids whenever we needed!
    this doesn't work for everyone, i got lucky. you do need to do your research on people, and back rounds checks. but in my case, it was a week before i even started working, so we hung out every day with each other and the kids to see if they got along. she had two girls. and thats how i got to know her.
    and no being on welfare doesn't hurt your chances for work later. its not like being in jail! although it feels like it sometimes! lol. if you qualify, go get some assistance for you and your baby! its not permanent, and it will help relieve some of the burdon........hugs!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 10:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2011