Tired of sick kids?

Since I have 4 kids, they all seem to get sick around the same time but not really at the same time. This drags out the virus and we go through it a couple of times before getting over it. Anyone else go through that and SICK of it??

how_reb

Asked by how_reb at 7:49 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Health

• It does get old. And it likely has nothing really to do with overall cleanliness. Just one sneeze or cough, no one thinks much of it but the germs go somewhere. Then one touches it and voila!

I have 1 child that we jokingly call Typhoid Mary. She'll come home saying that she doesn't feel well. Coughs twice, needs a tissue once and the rest of are sick for 3 weeks. Almost never fails. Frustrating, but I wish I had half the strength of her immune system, and unfortunately, the boys seem to have mine.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:02 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I don't know.. one of the kids brings home a cold then I know everyone is going to get it.. I have been lucky.. usually I don't get the cold. knock on wood! I give vitamins to my kids and clean the bathroom daily. I don't care for this season.. I can't wait till I can open the windows and let in some fresh air! :) Stay healthy!
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 7:58 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• It happens because germs are in the house, and all the kids are around one another. Just do what we do and purchase some Clorox wipes and spray. Keep everything wiped down including door knobs, things they're constantly touching. This is the time of year for when kids get sick. My 5 year old's cold is really trying to cling onto her forever. I really hate the fact that Tylenol Cold & Flu is recalled. This is the only medication I use because it really get rid of a cold quickly.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 8:04 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Oh yeah! I've got twins and they were out of school for four days but the cold was longer and the dr. was not much he. lp.
    Ironically, I am the one that has been sick the longest since the end of Dec. I am still coughing so hard and sniffles
    because I don't get a break. I don't know how I am gonna get through this day. I miss the days when my mom would
    keep me in bed all day long and bring me chicken noodle soup and coloring books. Moms don't get a break. What
    really seems to speed up getting well is lots of rest. Sure hope your family gets well soon. :D
    HavenAmes

Answer by HavenAmes at 8:07 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Yes, it can get old....My advice would be to eat plenty of homemade foods made with fresh ingredients, especially soups, to get lots of fresh air and sunshine....and be patient...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 8:27 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I don't think it's because you're not clean, it's going to happen having kids who live together. Hope everyone is feeling better soon (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:42 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• We do all the precautionary stuff too....bleach, bleach and more bleach! lol But we can NEVER avoid the germs!!

how_reb

Comment by how_reb (original poster) at 8:00 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• We do all that too amber....I think the germs just hide from me!
    how_reb

Comment by how_reb (original poster) at 8:06 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I'd be loading them up on orange juice... and also don't keep your house too warm...germs cultivate faster. But I know what you mean, one child gets sick....basically everyone is sick. Boo!
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 11:24 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• if one child gets sick they all get sick, but only happens during the winter months.
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 4:12 PM on Jan. 25, 2011