Custody battle? adult content

I'm going to be getting a divorce and I have a 3 year old and an 19 month old daughters. I had discovered their father was viewing lolicon porn on the computer. A few years before we had kids I caught him reading incest porn stories on the computer. I'm a survivor of childhood sexual abuse and I'm terrified that what happened to me may happen to them if I stay.

My question is this; Do I have a shot of winning sole custody with limited and supervised visitation or am I going to have to deal with some form of joint custody? I'm also worried about how they will view me as they get older if I win sole custody because I will have kept their father away from them. Pro's / Con's anyone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Depending on the state you live in...custody and visitation are 2 completely seperate court orders.

Sold custody only limits the other parent from making decisions in their life in regards to church, school, dr visits...
    Joint custody requires that the parents work together to make life decisions for the child.

Visitation is most what you should be concerned with. Just surfing the internet will not be enough for a judge to restrict his access to the kids. Unless you have proof that he has done something to them, I doubt that the judge will limit it or require supervised visits.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:13 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• That's a tough question, most courts are not going to keep kids away from their father unless he HAS done something to them. I'm not sure what lolicon porn is....but unless it's child porn, it's legal. As for winning the case.....also tough to answer, nobody can tell you that you're gonna win because nobody can know for certain. If you do win, you'll have to decide on how the kids interact with their father if at all. Good luck.

how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 7:59 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Sole custody barely exists anymore....if he's there father and wants to see them then you'll probebly have to let him. the best I can see you doing is letting the court know about the things you found and your fears. they could possibly keep a closer eye on him and give him less time to see them. and as far as the kids being upset with you I think it's probebly a good chance in the beginning but once they get old enough to understand it should get easier. you need to do whats right for you children.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 7:59 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• To find out what lolicon porn is, just run it in Google but really don't go too far. Heck just click the wiki links that come up and nothing else!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:02 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• He may have a chance of unsupervised visits. In order to get sole custody, you have to prove the he did something to the kids. If you don't have solid proof, you won't get sole custody. Document everything he does and says, who was there, when it was, what was done. Keep it all in a notebook or binder and give copies to your attorney.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:05 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I also didn't know what lolicon porn is and so I googled it. From what I read (did not care to watch lol) it seems to be cartoon porn, which is kinda creepy, however it is legal and there isn't much you can do unless there are "children" by this i mean cartoon children in this, and you would have to prove it. Does her ever care for them or are you the primary care giver? If he doesn't you could ask for an adjustment period where he only sees them during the day.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 8:07 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• It is cartoon children. They, the makers of it, say that it's adult but they are flat chested, short, no hips, nothing to identify them as an adult but the makers assertion that they are! I don't see how anyone can not see a single image of this and not see a child!!
    :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:11 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• *Sole* not sold
    Jademom07

• As the others and myself have said, unless you can prove he has done something to the kids.....it's not likely the courts will take away his visitation. While some legal porn is just beyond my understanding, it doesn't mean that those who like are really sick, twisted and waiting to try it out. I hope things work out for you and the kids!

how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 8:18 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• So, would I have a chance of soul custody but still have to deal with visitation issues?
    Is there any chance that a judge would agree to a custody and visitation arrangement pre-agreeded on?
    I am praying that my stbx will do the right thing but I'm walking a thin line between his pride, anger and hurt.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:18 AM on Jan. 25, 2011