would this offend you?

Okay ladies, I was in Wal-mart yesterday picking up some groceries due to the snow storm we're getting between today and tomorrow. I was in the fresh fruit section trying to find some ripe bananas, and a young couple was doing the same. I'm assuming they were a married couple, but anyway, the guy started talking to me about how he hate it when Wal-mart put out all these green bananas, and I agreed, so we're conversating about this, and the wife/girlfriend immediately comes up to the husband/boyfriend and ask him why is he disrespecting her by talking to another woman? She clearly knew what we were discussing, but somehow she became irate and started acting crazy. I had my two girls with me, so I walked away as if she didn't bother me, but I was really embarrassed and offended. My question is, would this offend you if your man did this? Let's not forget that he was only complaining to me about walmart's green bananas.

ambr2006

Asked by ambr2006 at 7:56 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• boy someone has some little green monsters. its not like he was flirting or hitting on you for petes sake. its BANANAS! i think hse was bananas. lol
    yea that would embarress me but i would be more embaressed for him. poor guy for sorry for him if he cant talk to anyone of the opposite sex.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:47 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• No, she's obviously nutty or else he has a history of cheating and has turned this woman into a paranoid wreck.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:57 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Wow..no it wouldn't even bother me.I would have likely joined in on the green banana bashing.That is crazy she must be insanely jealous.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:58 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• No, it wouldn't offend me if my man talked to another woman,especially about bananas. She sounds a bit unstable. Good thing you walked away.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:00 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• That's a either an ongoing problem for them or she's a complete nut.lol
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:02 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I don't think it would offend me, but I would feel embarassed for the other couple.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:32 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I wouldn't be offended if my dh was talking to some woman about produce! Sounds to me like there are some serious problems in their relationship - either she's nuts, he's a dog, or both...

I would just let it go, and if your dd's ask you about it, just say that obviously the lady had some problems, and we don't know what they are, or how she would respond if she was provoked further, so it was just better to move on...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:12 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Wouldn't offend me a bit! I think that woman either a) has pretty steep self-esteem issues or b) was raised in a pretty strict or conservative environment/culture.
    ellemenope

Answer by ellemenope at 8:16 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• She does not trust him. What we do not know is if he gives her reason not to trust him and if this is her way of standing up for herself...you handled it just right.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 8:21 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• My husband is so friendly anyway. That women would never last with my husband!
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 8:22 AM on Jan. 25, 2011