SAHM how do you not get bored

This is not a bash. I have all the respect in the world for SAHM but I was seriously wondering.
I am looking for work right now so I am home. I have a small house so it cleans fairly quick. I spend alot of my time looking for jobs on line, the rest taking care of my son. I still find myself getting bored. I used to work fulltime and loved it. Now I sit all day trying to find excuses to get out of the house.

sandbuster

Asked by sandbuster at 8:02 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Money & Work

• Being busy and being bored are 2 different things for me.
    You can be bored even if you are busy because you are doing the same routine over and over again everyday & NOTHING else. This is a reason SAHM start to resent their DH's who go outside the home & work.  Thinking he gets to go out while she stays at home, meanwhile they are both working. But it can get boring for a SAHM because she is pretty much doing the same routine day in & day out. He gets to have interaction outside the home with different people about different things. Not like a SAHM who interacts with other SAHM's on play dates or goes to the park & talk about the SAME things they are going through, babies, cleaning, cooking, DH's who don't listen or acknowledge them for what they do. That's why I am looking into doing something else besides being a SAHM. I'm bored of the cleaning, cooking taking care of the kids
    SnapIt

Answer by SnapIt at 1:18 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I've been at home for more than 38 years, and I have yet to be bored. There is always something to do, if not for myself, then for someone else. You can always bake a batch of cookies and share some with a neighbor or a friend who has to work all day every day and never has time to bake cookies for her kids. Or you can share some with an elderly neighbor who doesn't get out much, especially during bad weather. Look around you for those who may be lonely or struggling and use your free time to do something nice for one of them. Your boredom will be gone and you will be one happy woman. And you will be teaching your child the joys of making someone else happy, too!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:10 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I am Bored All day every day... we go to the park down the street, play dough, coloring, i know he is bored too, I just want him to go to school already, I know he wants to go too.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:03 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I really am wondering how you guys can get bored. I have a 15 month DD and a 2 storey house and the day is not enough. Between cleaning the house, cooking, feeding the baby, changing her, playing with her, going out, doing he groceries and so many other things, I really have NO time. When she goes to sleep, I am exhausted, I go to bed at 7pm just to make it to the next day. It's SO hard. I don't know how old your children are, maybe it will get better once she is older but now, it's hectic.
    Marianne140

Answer by Marianne140 at 8:07 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I have a business I do from home. Between that and the everyday stuff that I need to do I stay busy.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 8:21 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• "I really am wondering how you guys can get bored. I have a 15 month DD"

because some of us are SAH-Parents of older children, as well. Mine is Special Needs. Others Homeschool. Its not just about babies and toddlers, off to school, and your back at work full-time like nothing happened. Plus everyone's life is totally different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I'm bored alot...I try to do alot of craft things to keep my mind occupied. but I find myself making reasons to get out of the house because i just cant take it anymore.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:06 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Somedays Im busy but for the most part..........I go stir crazy.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 8:07 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Trust me even after they are at school, you home alone and bored. There's no jobs in my area, and the volunteer stuff here is crap. I had to join a gym and look into taking some online classes, not to mention trying to talk to people I used to know on Facebook, but its not the same. Our family just doesn't do much And my DS isn't the outdoorsy type, he's into reading and tv and video games. Not much else.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:09 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Cafemom! lol well when I'm not online I read alot and watch shows/movies that I like. I hang out with my dd who is going to school this sept. So I will either find employment or go back to school. Oh I hang out with my friend and we have lunch together.. she is a very good cook!
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 8:10 AM on Jan. 25, 2011