Jesse Ventura sued the Department of Homeland Security and the Transportation Security Administration, thoughts?

MINNEAPOLIS – Former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura sued the Department of Homeland Security and the Transportation Security Administration on Monday, alleging full-body scans and pat-downs at airport checkpoints violate his right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures.

Ventura is asking a federal judge in Minnesota to issue an injunction ordering officials to stop subjecting him to "warrantless and suspicionless" scans and body searches.

The lawsuit, which also names Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and TSA Administrator John Pistole as defendants, argues the searches are "unwarranted and unreasonable intrusions on Governor Ventura's personal privacy and dignity . and are a justifiable cause for him to be concerned for his personal health and well-being."

According to the lawsuit, Ventura received a hip replacement in 2008, and since then, his titanium implant has set off metal detectors at airport security checkpoints. The lawsuit said that prior to last November officials had used a non-invasive hand-held wand to scan his body as a secondary security measure.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 8:21 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 8:21 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• So let me get this straight - he is suing them personally? Why doesn't he use his political clout/muscle to form a Lobby group and do this on behalf of all Americans? Oh, I get it, because this is about HIM. What a jerk.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:23 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• He probably wants to feature it on his conspiracy theory show Scuba! lol

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 8:27 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Doesn't matter who the suit is filed for - precedent is precedent and it only takes one.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:28 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• No thoughts.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:34 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• LOL sweetakins, that show scares me!!! What a buffoon.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:40 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• :shrugs:
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:41 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

•  

LOL sweetakins, that show scares me!!! What a buffoon.

I laughed my A$$ off through the H1N1 show...my goodness...The doctor in hiding....lol...too much

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 8:42 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I can't stand his show. Ridiculous attempts to increase drama and half truths and that dang voice. It's too much to take.

But, I'm glad he's suing. The TSA has gone way too far with abusing people for no reason other than to make themselves feel like they are "doing something" even if it doesn't help.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 9:07 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• If everyone else has to go through it he should to. He's not any better than the rest of us.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:22 AM on Jan. 25, 2011