I am 23 with 2 kids and have endometriosis (sp?) need advice...

I had surgery when I was 18 for endometriosis and had my first daughter at 20 and the second one at 22. My youngest is 18 months and my husband would like more kids. I am begining to have pain during intercourse again which means my endometriosis is acting up and I cannot take birth control due to migraines. If I wait to get preggo again will it happen?

sweetiepie8540

Asked by sweetiepie8540 at 8:29 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Talk to your OB. I had endometriosis, several surgeries, and a really hard time getting pregnant (it took me 7 years). At any rate, after I had my oldest children, the endometriosis didn't come back. (Which was what my doc told me happens about 65% of the time). It may be recurring for you, but there may be other reasons as well. Best of luck to you.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:33 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I had endometriosis and had a partial hysterectomy last March. I was 34. Go back to your OB and see what your options are. I also couldn't take BC pills because of migraines.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:11 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• you have to talk to your OB. I had endometriosis. I had my first child at 23 and didn't have another one till 28. There are other ways of surpressing Endo.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:21 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I suffer endo, and we had our first child at 21 and our ttc my second ( his third) now, I'd contact your ob. Our ob specialist said bc of my endo ( we've lost 3 pregnancies ) that after 28-29yrs old I should not ttc anymore and wants to perform a hysterectomy
    AlyOops

Answer by AlyOops at 9:42 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• my sister has endo. and has just had her third and last child. the ob told her she couldnt concieve anymore because of it which was very heart breaking for her. a period makes endo worse because it feeds off of the lining that is shed each month during your period. anyways she got pregnant and she also had pain during pregnancy. just dont try too hard cuz it seems like when you try so hard to get pregnant you cant. best wishes and luck, chelsea
    chelsealynn101

Answer by chelsealynn101 at 5:54 PM on Jan. 26, 2011