:(.................this is tmi but....

About 5 am this morning i got this pain while i ws sleeping it was more like a all of a sudden SHARP pain in mystaomch like i had to crap REALLY REALLY BAD it lasted about 30-40 seconds than went away. and it was the only time it happend. haven't had no more since. could that be a braxton hick or a actual contraction? i'm almost 39 weeks and im already dilated to 4 cm and this is my 3rd baby. but see with the other 2 i was induced early so i didn't get to experience pregancy. and last night i had baught a birthing ball because they said the baby is still high up so every since then i've felt lots of pressure and my back has been aching extremely bad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 AM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well the pressure and aching back sound like you might be just starting to go into labor...i'd keep using the ball...the sharp pain i have no clue...maybe the baby hit u in a weird way.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 7:38 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• It could be contractions. If you are already dialated and getting back pain then that maybe it. Just start timing them as you get them and note how far apart each one was from the other
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:38 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• The sharp pain could also be something you pulled while using the ball. especially if you dont exercise regularly
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:39 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I always knew if they were contractions or not cause your belly gets hard all over if they are.
    Thats one way to know. You could be going. things change very fast with this baby stuff.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Sounds like contractions to me. I felt like I was having period cramps. I sat around for a whole hour of being 5 minutes apart before calling my labor coach. Also, my body naturally voided everything in my bowels and stomach when labor started, so it’s good if you can have a BM.
    idahospaz

Answer by idahospaz at 8:17 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Could be contractions. It felt like period cramps with alot off pressure for me.
    KlieneMutter

Answer by KlieneMutter at 9:46 AM on Nov. 14, 2008