Has anyone used 1-800 Contacts? Experiences?

Hi ladies, I'm looking at ordering some new contacts through 1-800 Contacts and I'd like to know if anyone has used their services and how it went? Would you recommend them or advise against it? If the latter, do you have another service you'd recommend?

Thanks so much in advance!

ellemenope

Asked by ellemenope at 8:36 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Shopping

• My best friend and the bass player in our band both use 800-contacts, they say that it is the least expensive place to get contacts. Neither have had a problem, and both have been using them for years.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:37 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Never had a problem with them and have been doing that for several years! Give it a try
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 8:39 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• our eye dr. is cheaper so we've never uses 800 contacts
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 8:43 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I liked them a lot before they merged with Walmart. The prices have gone up and the service is not as good.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:29 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I always order my contacts through them and it does save me time and money, just be careful about entering your prescription EXACTLY as it is written!
    erikital

Answer by erikital at 9:36 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Yes I have and I wouldn't do it again. Contacts were huge on me.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 10:04 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Thank you ladies! I did wind up ordering and except for a glitch that said I entered my prescription incorrectly (not so) it went all right. The lady that called about it was very nice though and made all the corrections herself when my doctor sent the prescription verification. I got them within a week!
    ellemenope

Comment by ellemenope (original poster) at 9:31 AM on Feb. 3, 2011