ANY suggestions, I am baffled why my baby girl does not sleep at night when my husband has been watching her...more details...

I recently started working again because my youngest daughter is now 3 months old and sleeping through the nights (for the most part). BUT, when I worked a night shift my husband says the baby last ate at 8:30 (which is pretty much on schedule for me). But then that night she is up almost every couple of hours. Last night she was up every hour!!!!  I get home at about 10pm! 

What the heck is my husband doing SO DIFFERENT? I worked three nights in a row and we need the money. ANY suggestions to get her back on track? When I don't work she is fine for me and right back on schedule? I am baffled!! And then I have twin toddlers waiting for me in the mornings as well so i can not even get a nap since they do not always take naps at the same time!

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 8:54 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe she just senses the change in your routine. Give it some time but do not have him pick her up unless she really gets worked up. Let her try to get back to sleep on her own. Hopefully it is just an adjustment period.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:58 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• She is waking up to find mommy. In a couple of weeks she will be fine with daddy watching her. Just takes time.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 9:11 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Poor thing! It seems like you have a lot on your shoulders. If I had to guess I would say that the baby is used to the way you do things, so when your husband is taking care of her and doing things differently it may throw her off. Also when she wakes is he paying attention to it? My youngest began to teethe around 3 months as well so this could be the reason for waking. I would make sure your husband knows not to feed the baby when she wakes (assuming you don't) and not to talk to her or turn lights on when she wakes. Tylenol can work wonders at night time as well. My littles ( i have 2 girls) slept through the night by 2 months but did wake due to teething around 3 and 4 months.
    sweetiepie8540

Answer by sweetiepie8540 at 9:12 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I think she senses the change and that you are not there and maybe she misses you. One thing you could try is you could sleep with her blanket (or crib sheet) and have it smell like you, and then when he put her down use that blanket/crib sheet. Dad could also have a little different routine, and she may just need some time to get used to Dad and his way of doing things.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:13 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I agree w/ everyone else pretty much. I have the same prob w/ my 6 mo when dh or dd watch her. She might also be going through a growth spurt and a bit more hungry than normal.
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 10:06 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I think your husband might be letting her nap alot before bedtime.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 5:31 PM on Jan. 25, 2011