why don't people want solid black cats?

cats, black, will i ever find them a home

mommyofone740

Asked by mommyofone740 at 9:22 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Pets

• People are silly and superstitious, plain and simple. Personally I love Black Cats.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:23 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• idk supersticious? (sp?) i'm not a cat person but i think black cats are the prettiest, their eyes really stand out
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:23 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• i love black cats i have had some of the best cats that were completely black. sorry i would take one but i dont need anymore pets.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:23 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• When I volunteered with the shelter I learned that most of the time the black animals in general don't find homes. It's pretty sad. Personally, I love black cats. Ours is grey striped, but he's only our cat because he was born in our yard. LOL I've already decided that when we choose to adopt an animal it will be black. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:26 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I love black cats. Most of the cats I've had are black, or a combo of mostly black with some white. I don't purposely go for black cats, I just seem to end up with them :-)

I think the reason it's hard to find homes for them is because some people are superstitious, black cats are considered boring because of the lack of pattern, and because there are so very many of them.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:26 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I have one, its just a normal cat. In fact, she's quite friendly.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:48 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• The true history of the black cat for those of you who love them. My friend from England told me that black cats are considered lucky in her country. About two hundred years ago during the revolution between the colonies and England things dear to England were demonized and shunned.(ie: the Boston Tea Party in which the colonies made an example of their independence from England by destroying Tea shipments and switching to coffee) Therefore, also were the Black cats deemed UNlucky and familiars with witches. It is a sad thing today because my friend who works at an animal shelter says she always has a hard time adopting out black kittens. So remember next time you adopt a cat give the Black one a lucky turn!

notjustmom213

Answer by notjustmom213 at 9:55 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I don't know but they can sometimes be the hardest to place. I fostered a litter of 6 that had 2 solid black cats, 2 black and white tuxedos and 2 black and white kittens. I was able to place two of them easily, one died at 6 weeks and the other three stayed with me.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 10:19 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I would have a black cat before I would a white lol ive always heard the oppisite lol
    april_f

Answer by april_f at 10:33 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I have always wanted a black cat. It makes me sad that people target them, just like pitt bulls. Pitt's are such teddy bears, but they have gotten a bad name cuz of the stupid people who abused them. Yay 4 black cats and pit-bulls!
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 11:33 AM on Jan. 25, 2011