Is my husband right? He expects me to make him lunch every night for work because all the other husband's wives do it. Do you make lunch for your husbands?

When I was on maternity leave I would make lunch every night for him. I recently just started back to work and work evenings only one to three shifts a week. He has the nerve to ask for his lunch. And when I tell him the nights I work he has to pack his own he doesn't and spends $20.00 on crap the next day! What do you think. Should I make the lunch even though I am coming home as late a 12:00 am and still have a 3 month old to take care through the nights and day?

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 9:26 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• As long as my husband took his lunch to work, I made it for him. I loved being able to do that for him. I put healthy stuff in there, so he didn't eat as much junk. I left little love notes in there from time to time, and he loved finding those. I saw it as an opportunity to show my love to my husband, and I was a little disappointed when he told me he had gained a little weight and wanted to stop eating lunch. So now all I get to do is keep him supplies with granola bars, because that's all he's been eating for lunch now for quite a while. It used to be said that the way to a man's heart was through his stomach. That's why it is so special to your hubby that you make his lunch. He sees it as an act of love done by the other wives, and he wants his buddies to know his wife loves him just as much as theirs do. It only takes 5 minutes, but think of all the benefits!!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:45 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• rolling on floor

He's capable of making his own damn lunch. He should. 

CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:30 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I think he is capable of packing his own lunch.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:28 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• When my husband worked nights I packed his lunch every night and never really thought about it. I guess the bottom line is, would you rather spend the few minutes it takes to pack a lunch or would you rather him spend the $20. You're not going to change his choices, but you can change your own.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:28 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I say no. You're husband is a grown man and can do it himself. If I'm feeling generous I will my dh lunch, most most of the time he just takes left overs from what I made for dinner the night before and never complains.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 9:29 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I've learned to pick my battles and you will have to as well. Is it worth fighting about and if you don't and you know he won't are you ok with him spending money? If you do choose to make his lunch do it with a happy heart and do it because you love him. He will appreciate you :)
    sweetiepie8540

Answer by sweetiepie8540 at 9:30 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• his hands broken? He can fix his own damn food. How's he gonna eat when you've had it and leave? The poor dear.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:31 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I fix my husband's lunch for him but that's because I want too.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:33 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I agree with most of the ladies here. Pack his lunch on your days off and if you don't want to on the nights you work then let him spend the 20 bucks or whatever it is he spends. If your comfortable doing that then great do it because you want too and NOT because he expects you too. And if you don't want to do it then try to give him a set amount of money that he can spend. Personally I would just make his lunches so that way I know we save money and he gets something half way healthy to eat and I made it which shows him how much I love and care about him.
    Bird16_J

Answer by Bird16_J at 9:34 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Make it before you go to work, maybe a slightly stale sandwich would get the idea through to him.
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 9:50 AM on Jan. 25, 2011