Anyone noticed this about Target lately? Ewww

I just saw another post about Target and remembered wanting to post something awhile back about them, and forgetting about it. (Hey, if I go somewhere with my 4 kids, and still have all 4 when I get back home, I'm having a good day. lol. J/K) Anyway. I used to joke that I kept Target in buisness, because I shopped there so much!! Clearance is my bestest friend and they had such great clearance prices!! But it seems to me, that since UP and UP took over that even the quality and quanity of other brands is suffering. I bought Market Pantry fruit snacks, and they were MOLDY!! Didn't even know they could mold, but figured that I hadn't heard anything about a new furry flavor, so...... I bought Market Pantry saltine crackers, and they were very over baked. Not quite black, but def. very brown. I bought Kraft singles and the edges of all the slices were hard. And I used to swear by their brand diapers and formula, but the formula went up from 11.89 or something close to 13.89, practically over night. The diapers went from 13.89 to 15 something as well!! All of the bad food was on different trips, so I don't think it was just a bad shipment. I used to swear by Target, now I find myself swearing at them. LOL. sigh.

HappyEndings

Asked by HappyEndings at 9:32 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Shopping

• Also the amount that you get went down by quite a few diapers.
    HappyEndings

Comment by HappyEndings (original poster) at 9:34 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Oh, that's too bad. I've never had that kind of experience there, personally, but it would certainly put my knickers in a twist...though still not bad enough to send me over to Wal-Mart...
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 9:35 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• The prices of everything has gone up practically overnight, not limited to Target or their brands. But FWIW the diapers here are still $13 for the big box.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:35 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• That's funny, " I used to swear by Target, now I swear at them". I don't shop at Target that often, but that's messed up that the food was moldy and the crackers were almost burned, that's just nasty.
    browneyes27

Answer by browneyes27 at 9:36 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I've noticedthesame thing! There's products are severely slacking in quality
    AlyOops

Answer by AlyOops at 9:36 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I work for Target and Up and UP is actually just the new name of Target Brand.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:36 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I always shop at target and haven't had a problem, I dont really buy their up&up brand though. As for prices, everything is going up because of gas. And we use to pay $22.99 for similac formula, so $13 isn't bad.....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 9:38 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• BabyBugsmama, I def. know that $13.89 isn't bad compared to the other prices for formula, I was just surprised that it went up that much!! And pagirl71 I was just saying that since the name changed I kinda feel like the quality and quanity have gone down. I still shop there, I'm just a bit more selective of what I buy. I guess my main reason for this post was to let everyone know that they might wanna check things out. I never thought to check fruit snacks before giving them to my kids before. And i wanted to see if anyone else had noticed a difference.
    HappyEndings

Comment by HappyEndings (original poster) at 9:44 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• the only things i buy at target are enfimil formula and diapers. the formula is cheaper there than anywhere else i have found, plus i got a ton of coupons. two weeks ago i bought a pack 85 count diapers for 4.98! we don't buy food there, i do buy soda sometimes, and their clothes are way over priced........
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 9:56 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I hadn't noticed but we don't buy too much food there (most of ours only have the limited food area still and it's still cheaper to shop at wal-mart as much as I hate that place). We go there for everything else, though. I hadn't noticed the price of formula but we've been buying their XL cans of formula for $20 because they last longer.
    I've also seen the diapers for different sizes. The one time I went we got them for $15 and at another store I saw them marked $13 or whatever but I looked closer and they didn't have the same number of diapers. The $15 had several more...not sure if they were in the process of changing over to new packaging or what. I've only had a new baby in the house for 6 months and my next youngest is 4 and we bought all her diapers at Costco (she hasn't been in them for 2 1/2 almost so...I have no real idea what the pricing trends have been.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:00 AM on Jan. 25, 2011