Birth control question....

Dh and i are not ttc right now. I am the pill and do take it every night. But my question is this.

This past month I have been taking my pill at different times. Not really on purpose eithr. Sometimes its an hour eariler than noraml, and sometimes a little later. A few night I took it up to 3 hours early. How can this effect it? I know my doc stressed tot ake it the same time every day. And for some reason this month I just have been spacing it. I am now 2 days late for AF when normally I am very regualr. I am going to go get a test tomorrow morning if AF doesnt show up, but Im curiouse as to see if anyone can explain if tkaign my pill at varying times can in turn get me pregnant....?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• dont know i dont like the pill just for that reason that and i would never trust myself on the pill because i know i would forget to take them. thats why i went on depo and i loved it. i would think that as long as you are taking it everyday AROUND the same time it would still be effective but im no expert on it.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:38 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Yes it should always be within An hour never space it out
    AlyOops

Answer by AlyOops at 9:38 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I have taken the pill several times during my life. I have taken it late, early, and even sometimes missed an entire day. I would double up the next day. It also states in the instructions that you can miss a day and take 2 pills together but not 3. then you will have to throw the pack away and start over. But for the best possible results you are to take them at the same time everyday. But I said all that to say that I never got pregnant while on the pill even missing the whole day. But I'm no expert either and our bodies are different. To ease your mind just take the test, but I would wait a little longer. You could be stressing out and causing AF to take her time making her appearance. If you havent seen anything at day 5, definitely take a test.
    RishawnsMom

Answer by RishawnsMom at 9:50 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• it depends on the strength of the pill. I rarely took my pill at the same time every day and I never got pregnant untill I was ready to
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:53 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I was on it ifor 11 years, which I dont recommend if you want to concieve later, and I never took it regularly. I dont recommend it though. But 11 years and no pregnancies!
    whitefamily

Answer by whitefamily at 11:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• If you're not trying to conceive, I suggest doing what you can not to get pregnant! Even if it requires you to remember to take your pill at the exact same time every day. Just looking out for your best interests :)
    ChelseATX

Answer by ChelseATX at 5:54 PM on Jan. 30, 2011